Preparing for Winter Weather
Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth 24/7 at 770-858-5000.
Are you prepared for the cold weather? Don’t forget your winter to-do list.
- Check your property for downed tree limbs and branches. Wind, heavy rain, ice, and snow can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause injuries.
- Roofs, water pipes, and gutters should all be inspected. Clear off debris that may have gathered during the fall.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells, and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by simply allowing water to drip when temperatures dip below freezing. If pipes are under a cabinet, leave the cabinet doors open, allowing warm inside air to circulate around the pipes.
We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
Call us today at 770-858-5000. We are here to help 24/7!
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding since they are the lowest level of a building. They are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are several reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill the Insurance Directly – One Less Thing for You to Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth Today – (770) 858-5000
Cleanliness of Water Can Affect Your Water Damage
Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth today at 770-858-5000.
When you have a water intrusion in your home or business there are many elements that affect the steps needed to protect and restore your property. One of the first determinations we make on the site of residential or commercial water damage is the contamination level of the water. We call this water category and the category of water that affected your building or home will have a huge impact on the job that we have to do. The cleaner the water, the more we can save instead of throwing away and replacing building materials, which means a cheaper, less invasive, and shorter job altogether.
Here at SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth, the IICRC’s standards are what we follow to ensure every water mitigation and remediation job we tackle is done correctly. The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) is the organization that sets the restoration industry's standards and practices. When it comes to the sanitary level of water there are three levels:
- Category 1: Clean and Sanitary. Typically comes from a sanitary source such as faucets, toilet tanks, drinking fountains, or water heaters.
- Category 2: Grey Water which can cause illness or discomfort if ingested. Typical sources are dish washers, washing machine overflows, flush from sink drains, or toilet overflows with urine (no feces)
- Category 3: Black Water is grossly unsanitary which could cause severe illness or death if ingested. This includes sewer backups, flooding from rivers or streams, toilet overflow with feces, and stagnant liquid which has supported microbial growth.
These categories are also time-dependent. Category 1 clean water will become contaminated category 2 water after 48 hours. Another 24 hours after that it becomes a category 3 loss. This change in a category means a tremendous difference in the scope of work, cost of remediation, and time of job.
If you are experiencing water damage, call us on our 24/7 emergency line: 770-858-5000.
We are here to help with your commercial damage!
Our professional team at SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth are on standby 24/7 to help with your commercial damage. Call us today at 770-858-5000.
We're here to help 24 hours a day, seven days a week with water, fire, storm damages.
We’ll inspect the damaged area. Our technicians promptly arrive onsite and inspect the property thoroughly to ensure all sources of damage have been identified.
We’ll perform all the work. Because you have a business to operate, our expertly trained technicians will provide the highest level of services.
We'll consult with your agent and adjuster after we've stabilized your environment and explain our recommendations for the mitigation, cleaning, and restoration process.
We'll restore your property. After mitigation is complete, our professional reconstruction team will step in to rebuild your property to preloss condition or better.
We’ll be here throughout the entire process to ensure your property has been fully restored. We will provide continual updates and progress until all work is complete.
SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth Specialized in Fire Clean-up!
SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth are here to help 24/7. Call us today at 770-858-5000.
Mitigation requires immediate action. The faster SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth arrives on-site to perform fire, smoke, and soot cleanup and restoration, the better the results—including lower claim costs. We will be on-site to help ensure a fire damage is handled by utilizing these following services:
After a smoke or fire damage, we thoroughly clean ceilings, walls, woodwork, carpeting, and floors that are affected. The experienced professionals at SERVPRO of Norcross will pretest to determine the extent of damage, then use the specific equipment and cleaning products required to clean and protect the different types of surfaces found in the customer’s structure.
All of the restorable contents in affected areas will be professionally cleaned and deodorized. This includes area rugs, furniture, draperies, and upholstery. SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth can provide wet or dry-cleaning services. All the other restorable contents will be cleaned and deodorized to preloss condition. This includes electronics, art, wood furniture, kitchen items, and much more. In addition, SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth can provide an inventory list of all “to be claimed” items for your insured. Finally, we have a 40,000 sqft climate-controlled facility where we can store the customer’s contents while the property is being mitigated or reconstructed.
SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth provides specialized services to get rid of offensive odors left by fire or smoke damage. We do not merely cover up lingering odors with a fragrance; we seek out the sources of the odor and remove them.
Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth to start the process 770-858-5000. We are here to help.
Smoke and Soot Information
Call us 24/7 - our professional team is ready to help!
Smoke and Soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the right equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage property.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Contact SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth. 770-858-5000.
24 Hour Emergency Water and Fire Damage Service
Call us today at 770-858-5000.
SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water or fire damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today – 770-858-5000
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth
SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Spring Home Maintenance Tips
Questions? Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth at 770-858-5000.
Spring is here and Georgia heat usually hits us in full force! It’s a great time of year to conduct some home maintenance that will help homeowners avoid big repair bills later on.
- Inspect your roof; it is your home’s first line of defense against water damage.
- Clean your gutters; it directs the rain away from your roof and home
- Clean or replace HVAC filters; a dirty filter forces your heat, ventilation, and AC system to work harder.
- Check the washing machine fill hose; sometimes a leaky hose under pressure can cause water damage in a short period of time.
- Clean your dryer vent; a clean vent will help reduce the time your dryer has to run, while a plugged vent not only wastes money but could cause a house fire.
- Replace the batteries on your smoke detectors; you never know when you will need them.
These tips may take a few days to complete but take it one step at a time and it will help in the long run.
What is Asbestos?
Asbestos Problems or Concerns? Call (770) 858-5000 for help.
Asbestos was widely used in homes between the 1940s and 1970s. It is in insulation materials, floor tiles and other applications needing heat- and chemical-resistance materials. Asbestos is highly hazardous material and poses a great potential health risk for those exposed to the substance. While harmful asbestos materials are no longer used, exposures may still exist in older homes, buildings and structures slated for demolition or renovation.
The Environmental Protection Agency has rules governing asbestos management that cover proper handling and disposal of asbestos-containing material. Adequate training and certification for asbestos workers, including inspectors, are part of these requirements.
SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth offers asbestos inspection and testing services. We have certified professionals to do asbestos abatement in accordance with AHERA and NESHAP protocols.
Have Questions? Concerned about Asbestos? Call us Today: (770) 858-5000
Be Prepared for Severe Weather!
We are on standby. 770-858-5000
Severe weather can happen anytime and anywhere. Being prepared for severe weather is critical to staying safe. Deadly weather can cause more than $8 billion in property damage. Many businesses affected by the disasters never reopen, so it is very important to be prepared.
Know Your Risk. You need to understand the type of hazardous weather that can affect where you live and work. Your shelter plan should include all types of local hazards because severe weather comes in many forms.
Take Action. You need to create communications plan for your home or business. You will need to put together an emergency kit. Also, keep your important papers and valuables in a safe place.
Be an Example. Once you have taken the action to prepare for the severe weather, share your story on social media. Your preparedness story may inspire others to do the same.
What should be in your Emergency Kit?
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle – so you can signal for help
- Dust mask
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags, and duct tape
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Hygiene items
- Important documents – copies of insurance policies, I.D and bank account information
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in a waterproof container