What is Asbestos?
Asbestos Problems or Concerns? Call (770) 858-5000 for help.
Asbestos was widely used in homes between the 1940s and 1970s. It is in insulation materials, floor tiles and other applications needing heat- and chemical-resistance materials. Asbestos is highly hazardous material and poses a great potential health risk for those exposed to the substance. While harmful asbestos materials are no longer used, exposures may still exist in older homes, buildings and structures slated for demolition or renovation.
The Environmental Protection Agency has rules governing asbestos management that cover proper handling and disposal of asbestos-containing material. Adequate training and certification for asbestos workers, including inspectors, are part of these requirements.
SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth offers asbestos inspection and testing services. We have certified professionals to do asbestos abatement in accordance with AHERA and NESHAP protocols.
Have Questions? Call Today – (770) 858-5000
Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth 24/7 at 770-858-5000.
SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth is here to help 24/7! Call us today at 770-858-5000.
SERVPRO is backed by over 54 years of residential and commercial restoration experience. SERVPRO Industries, Inc. is an IICRC-approved school to help ensure our training meets and exceeds accepted industry standards That means our customers get the right help from the start. Our customers are our top priority.
We have teams ready to help you 24/7. We know we are helping you on your worst day, so we will help you not only with the damage, but also in the documentation process for your insurance provider. We have earned the trust of the insurance industry by serving thousands of their policy holders and clients with respect and integrity. The more we restore, the less that needs to be replaced. This helps our clients save millions of dollars each year. That helps lower your insurance rates, too!
With SERVPRO the results will be “Like it never even happened.” Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth 24/7 at 770-858-5000.
We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready to Help 770-585-5000
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding since they are the lowest level of a building. They are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are several reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill the Insurance Directly – One Less Thing for You to Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth Today – (770) 858-5000
Be Prepared for Severe Weather!
We are on standby. 770-858-5000
Severe weather can happen anytime and anywhere. Being prepared for severe weather is critical to staying safe. Deadly weather can cause more than $8 billion in property damage. Many businesses affected by the disasters never reopen, so it is very important to be prepared.
Know Your Risk. You need to understand the type of hazardous weather that can affect where you live and work. Your shelter plan should include all types of local hazards because severe weather comes in many forms.
Take Action. You need to create communications plan for your home or business. You will need to put together an emergency kit. Also, keep your important papers and valuables in a safe place.
Be an Example. Once you have taken the action to prepare for the severe weather, share your story on social media. Your preparedness story may inspire others to do the same.
What should be in your Emergency Kit?
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle – so you can signal for help
- Dust mask
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags, and duct tape
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Hygiene items
- Important documents – copies of insurance policies, I.D and bank account information
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in a waterproof container
SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth Specialized in Fire Clean-up!
Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth to start the process 770-858-5000. We are here to help 24/7.
Mitigation requires immediate action. The faster SERVPRO of Norcross arrives on-site to perform fire, smoke, soot cleanup and restoration, the better the results—including lower claim costs. We will be on-site to help ensure a fire damage is handled by utilizing these following services:
After a smoke or fire damage, we thoroughly clean ceilings, walls, woodwork, carpeting, and floors that are affected. The experienced professionals at SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth will first determine the extent of damage, then use the specific equipment and cleaning products required to clean and protect the different types of surfaces found in the customer’s structure.
All of the restorable contents in affected areas will be professionally cleaned and deodorized. This includes area rugs, furniture, draperies, and upholstery. SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth can provide wet or dry-cleaning services. All the other restorable contents will be cleaned and deodorized to preloss condition. This includes electronics, art, wood furniture, kitchen items, and much more. In addition, SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth can provide an inventory list of all “to be claimed” items for your insured. Finally, we have a 40,000 sqft climate-controlled facility where we can store the customer’s contents while the property is being mitigated or reconstructed.
SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth provides specialized services to get rid of offensive odors left by fire or smoke damage. We do not merely cover up lingering odors with a fragrance; we seek out the sources of the odor and remove them.
Once all damages have been cleaned or restored, our professional team will restore your home or building to preloss condition.
Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth to start the process 770-858-5000. We are here to help.
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth is here to help anyway possible. Call us at 770-858-5000.
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need.
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards. We can provide fogging services to disinfect.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities. Disinfectants with fogging uses are great for getting into hard to reach areas in facilities to provide additional disinfecting power.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – [SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth, 770-858-5000]
Cleanliness of Water Can Affect Your Water Damage.
24/7 emergency line: 770-858-5000
When you have a water intrusion in your home or business there are many elements that affect the steps needed to protect and restore your property. One of the first determinations we make on the site of residential or commercial water damage is the contamination level of the water. We call this water category and the category of water that affected your building or home will have a huge impact on the job that we have to do. The cleaner the water, the more we can save instead of throwing away and replacing building materials, which means a cheaper, less invasive, and shorter job altogether.
Here at SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth, the IICRC’s standards are what we follow to ensure every water mitigation and remediation job we tackle is done correctly. The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) is the organization that sets the restoration industry's standards and practices. When it comes to the sanitary level of water there are three levels:
- Category 1: Clean and Sanitary. Typically comes from a sanitary source such as faucets, toilet tanks, drinking fountains, or water heaters.
- Category 2: Grey Water which can cause illness or discomfort if ingested. Typical sources are dish washers, washing machine overflows, flush from sink drains, or toilet overflows with urine (no feces)
- Category 3: Black Water is grossly unsanitary which could cause severe illness or death if ingested. This includes sewer backups, flooding from rivers or streams, toilet overflow with feces, and stagnant liquid which has supported microbial growth.
These categories are also time-dependent. Category 1 clean water will become contaminated category 2 water after 48 hours. Another 24 hours after that it becomes a category 3 loss. This change in a category means a tremendous difference in the scope of work, cost of remediation, and time of job.
If you are experiencing water damage, call us on our 24/7 emergency line: 770-858-5000.
Prepare your Business for a Storm
Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth at 770-858-5000 so we can help your business better prepare.
In recent years, many different types of disasters have affected the United States. Flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, and blizzards are natural disasters that can threaten your home, business, and community. Your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals want you and your customers to be aware of the steps to take to help prepare for the worst.
How quickly your company can get back to business after a natural disaster often depends on today's emergency planning. While each situation is different, your organization can be better prepared if you put an emergency procedure in place, and practice for all kinds of emergencies. A commitment to begin planning today will help support your employees, customers, the community, the local economy, and the country. It also protects your business investment and gives your company a better chance for survival.
- Be Informed. Do you know what kind of emergencies might affect your company? Do you know what you will do in an emergency?
- Develop a Business Continuity Plan. Do you know which staff, procedures, and equipment are necessary to keep operating? Do you have backup plans for those operations? Do you know what you will do if your building or plant is not accessible? Do you know what you will do if a disaster impacts your suppliers? Are you ready for utility disruptions?
- Prepare your Emergency Plan. Do you have an evacuation and shelter-in-place plan? Do you have a plan to communicate with employees before, during, and after an incident? Do you have copies of buildings and site maps with utilities and emergency routes marked? Are your employees trained for medical emergencies?
- Practice the Emergency Plan. Have you practiced your plan recently? Do you practice and coordinate with other businesses in your building or industrial complex? Have you reviewed your plans in the last 12 months?
- Review of Insurance Coverage. Have you reviewed your insurance coverage recently to see if you're covered in a disaster?
- Secure Your Facility and Equipment. Have you secured all the ways people, products, and supplies get into your building? Have you conducted a room-by-room walk-through to determine what can be strapped down?
- Improve Cyber Security. Do you regularly install patches to your software? Have you installed a firewall on your computer? Do you regularly update your antivirus software?
- Promote Family and Individual Preparedness. Do you encourage employees to have a personal emergency supply kit and a family communication plan?
If you answered "No" to any of these questions, call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth at 770-858-5000 so we can help your business better prepare.
Smoke Alarm Tips
Have Questions about Fires? Call Us Today – 770-858-5000
Smoke alarms are very important. They must be installed and maintained properly because they play a vital role in saving lives. Having a smoke alarm can reduce the risk of fire injury.
Smoke Alarm Tips
- Install smoke alarms inside and outside each bedroom and sleeping area.
- Install alarms on every level of the home. Smoke alarms should be interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Smoke alarms should be installed 10 feet away from cooking appliance to prevent false alarms.
- Replace all smoke alarms every 10 years.
- Replace batteries in all smoke alarms at least once year.
(Daylight Savings Time works well for maintenance.)
- Test smoke alarms once a month
- Clean Dust from sensor openings.
Have Questions about Fires? Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth Today – 770-858-5000
Does Your Commercial Building Have an Emergency Ready Profile?
Call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth at 770-858-5000 to schedule an appointment.
Property Managers and business owners know that things can happen without much warning, it could from a busted pipe to an unexpected fire.
Some businesses never recover following a disaster. Those businesses that survive had some sort of plan in place. This Emergency Ready Profile can minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth Emergency READY Profile (or ERP) is a tool you will always have in the palm of your hand. It is an app on your phone where you can download on your IOS or Android device. By completing the ERP, you will have access to the property details, property location, building access, blueprints of the building, utilities information, emergency contacts, photos of the shut off locations, etc.
To learn more about SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Profile you can visit ready.SERVPRO.com or call SERVPRO of Norcross and Duluth at 770-858-5000 to schedule an appointment.